Many insurance agents are at a loss when it comes to their website. There are great opportunities for improvement out there and great companies willing to help you. Below you will find several tips on how to re-create or make a website better and how to improve your blog.
Tips for Re-creating a Website
If you decide you want to do a full overhaul of your website, that’s great! But first, you need to consider these questions:
- Who is your target audience?
- What is your color scheme?
- What is your purpose?
- Mobile-friendly? Yes. Google has recently changed their algorithm and if you aren’t mobile-friendly, you will have points docked.
- How will you involve social media?
- How will you incorporate a blog?
- Design Tips: Simplify Navigation, Use Authentic Photos, Improve Your About Us, Create a Theme, Integrate Video, Start with Words – Not Design
Tips for Improving Your Current Website
Maybe you’ve recently re-created your website but feel it’s missing something or need a small change. Consider these 5 ways to improve your website:
- Add a Video
- Update Your Images
- Make it Mobile-Friendly
- Eliminate Flash
- Add Contact Forms
Tips for Utilizing Your Blog the Right Way
If you think your website looks great but want to improve your blog, follow these tips:
- Break Up Text (Use Bullet Points, Quotes, etc.)
- Use Images (Photos, Diagrams, Infographics, etc.)
- Check Your GSP (Grammar, Spelling, & Punctuation)
- Make Content Relevant
- Link to Outside Sources
- Use Keywords
How to Tell if Your Website is Not Working
Below is a list of the most common things insurance agency websites have that make them appear awful. Don’t fall into this status. If you think you might relate to an item on this list, make a goal to fix it ASAP!
- Outdated Design
- No Blog
- Unreadable Location Information
- Blank About Us Page
- No Updates to Primary Content
- Poor Navigation
Remember, a website is just like any piece of marketing and in today’s society, it might be playing a bigger role than you think. Check up on yours today to make sure you don’t need to renovate any areas.
Sources: ITC Blog 1 2 3
, Property Casualty 360 1 2
The Insurance Connection is the Master Agency for the Strategic Independent Agents Alliance (SIAA) in the western portion of Ohio.