Digital Marketing Part 1 – What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is an integral part of your agency, but what is it exactly? When the internet started to become an integral part of a business and its interactions with the outside world, there were companies that created marketing specific to certain aspects of the internet. But here’s the kicker, whether you’re working with an SEO expert, e-marketing team, or AdWords expert (to name a few), they are all considered digital marketers.
Dave Chaffey offers a simple definition of digital marketing:
Achieving marketing objectives through applying digital technologies and media.
Digital marketing encompasses various areas including websites, mobiles apps, social media, search engine marketing, online ads, e-mail marketing, and much more.
10 Reasons You Need a Digital Marketing Strategy
- You’re directionless.
- You won’t know your online market share.
- Existing and start-up competitors will gain market share.
- You don’t have a powerful online value proposition.
- You don’t know your online customers well enough.
- You’re not integrated.
- Digital doesn’t have enough people/budget given its importance.
- You’re wasting money and time through duplication.
- You’re not agile enough to catchup or stay ahead.
- You’re not optimizing.
In summary, digital marketing is important to growing your business in the 21st century. Visit our blog on February 28th for Digital Marketing Part 2 – Integrating Digital Marketing.